Thursday 17 July 2014

Yup we're going to be 60s hippies...man

Hi theatre luvvies...

I'm not going to be writing any new posts over the next two weeks as I am going on holiday...a bit of R and R is needed as I have been working hard since January without a real break at all.

Our rehearsals for Jesus Christ Superstar are in full swing now and we have started the choreography.  Last night was a particularly sweaty evening in the school hall, and I had to come home and have a shower afterwards.  It was like a full Zumba workout!

Here are my highlights so far:

  • Trying to learn the choreography for the Superstar number with Bob and Margaret - each of us saying 'I'll follow you' last night - not sure who followed who in the end??
  • Learning a few aqua aerobics moves for What's the Buzz...
  • Our Director's innuendos especially directed towards the younger male members of the cast...its the 'colgate' smiles that do it for him I think
  • Judas nattily attired in a waistcoat that he last wore when he was 17 and it still fits him
  • Stage speaking ie silently having conversations about absolutely nothing whilst Judas and Jesus square up to each other front of 'stage'

We learned that we are to be dressed late sixties - i.e quite hippy in attire so I am wondering what look we will go for...


I am hoping we can look something like this!  ie hippy but cool...


Or this would be acceptable





I found this which is a real 60's photo of demonstrators but could be straight out of JCS don't you think?




Here we all are just chillin' man and listening to Jesus...


 
Please please nothing like this....





Speak to you all again when I get back from my holibobs....! Bye bye from the soon to be suntanned Diva....



No comments:

Post a Comment